It’s Chili Time Wichita!
Plan NOW to make your company part of one of Wichita's oldest and biggest events when the 2018 Wichita Wagonmasters Downtown Chili Cookoff erupts in the heart of downtown Wichita for the 34th consecutive year of one of the grandest street party and fundraising events in town.
Event: September 22, 2018
Chili Cookoff Success Ingredients:
- Douglas Avenue location in the heart of downtown Wichita
- The anticipated 70+ teams competing in a variety of fun categories
- Huge crowds of the friendliest folks around
- Gallons and gallons of great chili (of course beverages are available!)
- Sponsorship opportunities intertwined to bring attendees and sponsors together
You! Yeah, You! Enter a team! Invest as a sponsor!
Send questions to email@example.com
Details for Your 2018 Chili Team
Step 1: Visit the Rules page for complete information on the categories, rules for entry, to see how chili is judged, and the prize money your team can take home.
Step 2: Take advantage of this huge opportunity for team building and choose your category:
- No-Beans About It This is not an ICS category and it's what it says - don't put beans in it!
- Anything Goes: Another non-ICS category just as easily explained - anything you want!
- Chili Verde: ICS sanctioned category for ICS members, please see applicable rules
- Red Chili: ICS sanctioned category for ICS members, please see applicable rules
- Salsa: ICS sanctioned category offering entry to the World Championships like the other ICS categories
- Chili For Charity: This category is open to Non-Profits so you can share your message and win dollars to support your mission.
- Restaurants: Open to any licensed restaurant that wants to show off.
And don't forget about prizes for Cecille Kallenberger's Team Spirit, Best Booth, and the coveted Grand Champion!!
Step 3: Contact Mike Hampton at 316-640-0899, or Team Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Make it fun. Form a committee and turn them loose to lay out your booth for the Best Booth prize money and develop promotional ideas to promote your company. Make the day one to remember.
Here are some insights to get you started
- The streets will be lined with competitor booths and each team will be provided with a marked space approximately 20 feet wide. This will allow adequate room for your stove, prep table, serving table and all supplies.
- All teams will be required to adhere to the requirements for safe and sanitary food handling as outlined by the Sedgwick County Health Department. View the Booth Layout and Supplies List.
- In addition to your competitive chili (see rules), please bring or prepare at least 10 gallons of chili for public tasting (20 is recommended) in your bid to win the Sharon Sawyer's People's Choice prize. This draws your prospective customers to your booth, highlighting your company or cause. You can't collect enough tokens to win if you don't have plenty of chili to serve!
Why do the Wagonmasters do this? As civic-minded business executives we have one purpose; to promote the good life in Wichita. With help from the Wichita Community Foundation, the money raised at this event funds our Good Life Grants. Your participation as a sponsor and as a competitor allows us to funnel thousands of dollars to critical needs in our coummunity. We are very proud of this and hope you will participate in 2018 and share that pride and sense of community with us. Thank you fellow Wichitans!