What we fund
- Programs serving Wichita, Kansas
- Programs that avoid duplication of existing services
- Programs that collaborate with or facilitate collaboration among nonprofit organizations
- Programs that suggest creative and practical approaches to community problems
- Organizations with fiscal soundness
- Organizations that leverage other funding sources when available
- Programs that exhibit measurable results
- Organizations that demonstrate present and future sustainability
- Programs that address prevention as well as remediation
- Capital equipment, improvements and construction
What we decline
The fund will not accept grant requests for general support of operating budgets, reduction of organizational debt, direct lobbying or influencing of elections, tax-supported government functions, funding individuals, unnecessary duplication of existing services, fundraising campaigns and expenses, endowments, fellowships, beauty or talent contests, support of religious organizations of religious purposes, or courtesy advertising.
All applicants to the Wichita Wagonmasters Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation must be in good standing with the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, must be currently exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3), and classified as an organization to which contributions are deductible under Section 170(c)(2), normally a public charity under Section 509(a).
If an emerging nonprofit is certified by the Internal Revenue Service through a form 1023EZ, or is working with a qualified Kansas nonprofit as their fiscal agent, they may apply.
The Wichita Wagonmasters Fund will consider requests beginning at $250 with a maximum of $1,000. The average grant awarded is $500.
Applicants should contact the Wichita Community Foundation prior to submittal of requests larger than $1,000.
Applications are available online only. If you do not have access to a computer, please visit your nearest public library for access.
All grants are awarded at the discretion of the advisors to the Wichita Wagonmasters Fund, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Wichita Community Foundation.
Grant Progress Reports are due to the Wichita Community Foundation following the completion of any grant project, or within 12 months of the date of the grant award.
Applications for the 2018 Wichita Wagonmasters Good Life Grant Fund are due Oct. 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.